These are provided using a cafeteria service system. If you prefer your child to eat a packed lunch then that can be arranged but we do ask for two weeks notice to move from school dinners to packed lunches.
Children should not bring drinks in glass bottles for reasons of safety.
As part of our Healthy School Status we do ask you to send pupils in with a healthy packed lunch.
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals, please ask at our school office for the current telephone number/address for you to make enquiries.
The price for school dinners for the Academic year 2021/22 is as follows:
Year R - 2 Universal Free School Meals
Year 3 - 4 £2.40 per day (£12.00 per week)
Year 5 - 6 £2.40 per day (£12.00 per week)
School dinners should be paid in advance on the first day of each week.
By making a claim for free meals with Leeds City Council you could also raise an extra £1,345 for our school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition for your child. The additional money is called Pupil Premium and is available from central government for every child who has a Free School Meals award in place. Please see the letter below for more details.
At lunchtime supervisory assistants supervise the children in the playground. A Mid-day Supervisor oversees this supervision. Very minor accidents are dealt with by the supervisor; more major ones are dealt with by suitably qualified staff.
School Dinner Menu
The dinner menu has a 3 week cycle. Please check the date for the correct weekly menu. Should you wish your child to have a school dinner, please contact the office. Thank you.
School Lunch Menu
Ideas for Packed Lunches
Our School Milk Scheme
Our school provides a milk scheme that is available to all of our pupils and we would like to invite you to register your child. School milk is free for under-5s, and for over-5s it is available at a subsidised price of 22p per day.
Each child that registers with Cool Milk will receive a 189ml portion of semi-skimmed milk every day, delivered fresh and chilled to the classroom. Their school milk will not only provide them with essential nutrients, but as it is rehydrating and energy boosting it also bridges the gap between breakfast and lunch to help children stay focused. For more information on how milk can benefit children visit www.coolmilk.com/why-milk-is-great.
How to register
If your child is under five:
- Register online at www.coolmilk.com or complete a registration form available from the school office
- Register by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child’s free milk to start the following week
- Free milk will continue until the Friday before your child’s fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request four weeks before their birthday - if you wish your child to continue to receive school milk, simply make a payment
If your child is five or older:
- Register and pay online at www.coolmilk.com
- Alternatively, fill in a registration form available from the school office – once Cool Milk has processed your form, you will receive a payment request
- You can pay Cool Milk either online, over the phone or at a local PayPoint in half-termly, termly or annual instalments.
- Please pay by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child’s milk to start the following week
If you have any questions regarding school milk please visit www.coolmilk.com or contact Cool Milk directly on 0800 321 3248. More information on milk is also available from the school.
* Milk for under-5s is provided free of charge, fully funded by the Department of Health. Milk for over-5s is subsidised by the Rural Payments Agency and the E.U.