RSHE- RSE/ PSHE
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School and its RSHE curriculum, aim to build on and complement the learning that has already started at home, in relation to moral values and attitudes, and awareness of society. We work in partnership with parents and carers, in developing children personally, emotionally and as young citizens. The skills knowledge and attitudes developed through a broad and holistic curriculum will enable young people to lead healthy, fulfilling, and meaningful lives, in which they grow and develop to their full potential.
At St. Joseph's, we follow the Catholic Curriculum for stages EYFS through to KS2. This has been produced by the Catholic Education Service and has been recognised as a work of good practice by the Department of Education.
Ten Ten’s 10 Principles for teaching Catholic RSE
1. Our bodies are good.
2. As we grow in our loving relationships with others,
we become closer to the image and likeness of God.
3. Catholic RSHE should be about the whole person.
4. Catholic RSHE should be taught in partnership with parents.
5. Our deepest identity is as a child of God.
6. Story can change hearts and minds.
7. Catholic RSHE is an education in virtue.
8. Catholic RSHE is an education in conscience.
9. RSHE is about striving for the Common good.
10. Prayer, Scripture and the Sacraments underpin
and make possible the living out of Catholic teaching.
The curriculum is delivered in the form of half termly, whole school RSHE days, theme weeks, religious education lessons, whole school/key stage/class collective worships, and through the delivery of the National Curriculum. We promote pupil voice through our School Council and encourage our young people to participate in society through volunteering, fundraising and Minnie Vinnies.
Children are encouraged to assess evidence, negotiate, make decisions, solve problems, work independently and in groups, and to learn from each other.
RSE Policy and Curriculum
KS 1 & KS 2 First Aid Training.
Black History Week
Odd Socks Day
Children's Mental Health Week
Health & Wellbeing Week