Welcome to Year 6 2021-2022
Class Teacher - Mrs Mistry
Additional Teacher - Mrs Fearnside
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Hackney
PPA Cover - Mrs Jobbins
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Year 6, please email us at email@example.com or contact the school office and arrange to speak to a member of staff.
Year 6 had a fantastic time at Lineham Farm. They took part in activities they had never done before and learnt many life skills that they will use in their lives. Not only that, the children made memories they will cherish forever. A brilliant few days!
Welcome back Year 6 and hope you have had a lovely Summer!
This term we will be learning lots of new things:
- In RE, we will be learning about the Kingdom of God, through understanding and living by the virtues and reading parables. We will then write our own parable.
- In English we are looking at characters and settings to build up to write a story. We will also be writing non chronological reports linked to our History topic.
- In Maths, we are learning Year 6 place value up to 10,000,000 as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- We will be learning all about World War 2 in History, understanding how it began and looking at evacuation, The Blitz and rationing.
- PE will be on a Monday and Friday. Please can all children be dressed appropriately for both. Dark tracksuit (dark blue, black or grey), white t-shirt and trainers.
- Homework will be set on a Friday and due in on a Wednesday.
- Spellings will be set on a Tuesday for a test the following Tuesday.
- There will be ad hoc times tables tests in lessons so please make sure you are learning all your times tables at home.