Labelling the first quadrant outside! 07/10/22
National Poetry Day! 06/10/22
Mount St. Mary's Transition Morning 27/08/22
Welcome to Year 6 2021-2022
Class Teacher - Mrs Hegarty
Additional Teacher - Mr Shuttleworth
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Hackney
PPA Cover - Mrs Jobbins
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Year 6, please email us or contact the school office and arrange to speak to a member of staff.
Welcome back Year 6 and hope you have had a lovely Summer!
This term we will be learning lots of new things:
- In RE, we will be learning about the Kingdom of God, through understanding and living by the virtues and reading parables. We will then write our own parable.
- In English we are looking at characters and settings to build up to write a story. We will also be writing diary entries linked to our History topic.
- In Maths, we are learning Year 6 place value up to 10,000,000 as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- We will be learning all about World War 2 in History, understanding how it began and looking at evacuation, The Blitz and rationing.
- PE will be on a Monday and Thursday. Please can all children be dressed appropriately for both. Dark tracksuit (dark blue, black or grey), white t-shirt and trainers.
- Homework will be set on a Monday and due in on a Monday.
- Spellings will be set on a Tuesday for a test the following Tuesday.
- There will be ad hoc times tables tests in lessons so please make sure you are learning all your times tables at home.