- recognise you whenever you visit the Services (this speeds up your access to the Services as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand your requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our Services, for example Google Analytics. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Services. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Description of cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
We use the following types of cookies on the Website:
- Session cookies – these are only stored temporarily and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed.
- Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to measure how our site is used by visitors and to generate reports for our own use. Google Analytics does not collect any personal information about you.
- Third party cookies – some of our pages feature YouTube videos and feeds from Twitter. These third party features may use numerous cookies (please visit these third party websites for more details on their cookie policies).
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our Services. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/